Friday, November 9, 2007

Meeting The Prime Minister of Canada

I was waiting to post this with a picture, but who knows how long it will take to get the picture. My husband met Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada this week. He along with my mother-in-law and her mom were invited to a Conservative Party event on Monday. It was by invitation only. My husband said it was a great speech and that Stephen Harper was very friendly and personable. Prime Minister Harper commented on my husbands name because it was the same as his and told him a personal family store that happend years ago. I had known about this event but could not say anything because it was high security. Then earlier the day of the event news came on the radio saying they had unconfirmed reports that the Prime Minister was going to be in the area. Then a while later they come on saying it has been confirmed that he was going to be here. "The word was out!" So needless to say after that I called my mom and told her. LOL. I said "Steve topped you mom!" LOL :-). She laughed. She met Ed McMahon a couple of weeks earlier. I will post a picture when I get one.

No comments: