Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sampler Quilt


I am finally making a sampler quilt! I have been quilting for 8 years and have never made a sampler so I figured it was about time. Lori our guild president is teaching a sampler quilt class at our common threads meeting for anyone who wants to make one. Needless to say I did not think twice about joining. In the photo above are the fabrics I am going to use. Yes, it is going to be a bright one. :-) Since it is winter and a little drab outside I wanted to do something cheery. I don't know if I will use all the fabrics pictured, but I want to have lots of options. I even have a couple that did not make the picture that I might use. The directions were to pick a large print for the border and find at least 4 fabrics with the colors in the border. More is better to give a quilt more interest. Well, as you can see I have more. LOL! We had our first class the end of January but not all my fabrics had came in by then. Now I have all my fabrics so I need to get cracking. Our 2nd class is this Thursday and I am supposed to have one block done and 2 back grounds cut out for 2 other blocks. The quilt will be approx. 50" x 50" when it is finished and have nine, 12" blocks. I will be posting my progress on the sampler quilt as I go.
Happy quilting everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love the colors! it will be beautiful for sure!