Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ecstatic Over Plane reUpholstery

Just thought I would share this picture. An older German couple had my husband redo their plane interior. I will tell you about my husband after this spill. :-) They were so ecstatic over how everything turned out that they took a picture of my husband next to the seats and sent pictures they took after they put the parts back in. They have told there friends in another province and they are supposed to be flying here to get their seats done. Can you imagine, customers flying thousands of miles to have their seats redone. My husband definitely exceeded there expectations. He's sooooooooo good! LOL. You won't believe now all the plane interiors that have come in, in the last few weeks because people have seen the German couples seats.

About my husband Steve, he is a 3rd generation Upholsterer and has been doing upholstery for 18 years. We are part owners in an upholstery business with my in-laws. There have been other upholstery shops in the area, but non have lasted because of my father-in-law Jim and my husbands excellent reputation and work. They redesign furniture upholster custom made furniture and reupholster everything from antiques to boats, cars, planes, motorcycles and more. My husband has built furniture and really enjoys it. A couple of years ago he upholstered a chair that a student from Selkirk collage built, and he helped her design the arm of the chair. She along with other students took furniture to the big home show in Toronto and she was the only one to get her chair pictured in the Vancouver Sun. Hmmm, I wonder why? LOL. Kootenay School of the Arts approached my husband about teaching an upholstery course, so he did that on the side for 3 school years . The shop has been awarded gold certificate awards every year from our local newspaper and the Kootenay Business magazine. O.K., O.K. I know I am bragging but give me some leeway! I am a proud wife! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The plane looks Great! I have a 1985 173 Cessna Sky hawk that I am interested in buying but the interior is hideous and I want it redone as soon as I get the plane. How do I get into contact with your husband? My name is Jason Scarborough. I live in Dublin, Ga. My email is jas.scarborough@gmail.com